StayPut rug to carpet underlay is specifically designed to stop rugs slipping on carpet, eliminating rucking and creeping. The fleece holds the rug in place without adhesive, and without damaging the rug or the carpet. Whilst non-adhesive, the underlay does feel sticky. This sticky feeling is produced during the manufacturing process, and even after washing the underlay holds its original quality to stop your rug slipping on carpet, effectively making the rug slip resistant. We appreciate that our standard roll sizes won’t always work; so we’ll cut the length (by the metre) that you need from a roll as one continuous piece in the width of your choosing – just enter the quantity you need in the box.
When you receive the rug to carpet fleecing, it has a cellophane cover on both sides for protection. As such the fleece does feel sticky, but this is not an adhesive coating.
The underlay is simple to install:
- Trim the underlay to the size needed. Ideally, you want the fleece to be approximately 5-10cm within the edge of the rug, and the cellophane allows you to cut the underlay to size with scissors before you put it into position.
- Peel off one side of the cellophane and position onto the carpet where you want the rug to sit ‘sticky’ side down.
- Peel back the top layer cellophane and lay the rug on top.
We recommend that the rug underlay is lifted and washed every few months, in a maximum 30°C; wash, which will remove any dust or bits that have accrued. Leave the rug underlay to dry naturally before replacing.
By the metre underlay can be purchased in 120cm (47.25″), 150cm (59″) and 170cm (66.93″) widths. Pre-cut packs in standard sizes are also available:
- 60 x 120cm (23.7 x 47.25″)
- 100 x 150cm (39.25 x 59″)
- 120 x 180cm (47.25 x 70.86″)
- 170 x 240cm (66.93 x 94.48″)
Please note: Attempting to lay a rug with just strips or corner areas of the rug laid on the fleece underlay will not prevent the rug from moving, the whole of the underside area needs to be in contact with the fleece. Whilst this fleece works extremely well with most rugs and on most carpets, it is not suitable as an underlay for a rug or runner that is an offcut from a carpet, as the backing is quite different to a rug backing.